Thursday, July 31, 2003

End of Diagnosis Afterthoughts...

After all of this, my life is pretty much back to normal. How could it be completely normal with a new journey ahead of me? My vision is better than it was before my attack even started. I have 99% of the feeling back in my hands and really only have a few lagging symptoms here and there when I get exhausted. There are days when for no reason, I get completely exhausted. There are days when I overheat for no reason, sometimes in the shower. I just have to learn to slow down, get some rest, or take a few moments and relax. This is always easier said than done when you like me and always on the go. I learned, or should I say was reminded, to never, ever take things for granted. I cried the time I could feel my hair again in the shower washing it. I laughed when I could pick up paper and feel it between the pads of my fingers and laughed even harder when I realized that I had been braking way too soon following cars with double vision and most likely looked a bit of a moron. I was grateful I wasn’t cursing the wall for jumping out at me and my rear was happy I stopped falling down the stairs.

The valuable thing I learned through this was to keep faith and keep my mind open. I wonder where sometimes it is that fate and faith cross, but most importantly, I was reminded as to why I never stop laughing…

No comments: