Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12th, 2006- 3 outta 5 ain't bad!

This weekend I regained feeling in three of my five fingers on my right hand. I took full advantage of the knitting situation sans ordering my wool (no internet, sniff sniff) and knitting up a new project. My brain must have been vacationing while my new fingers were walking because I used the wrong damn needles. Three quarters through my felted clutch (purse for the male readers) I figured this out! Had I felted this thing in the washer I would have had a Barbie purse! Ode to MS! I am officially going crazy and loving it! One ripped out clutch (purse again for you male readers) and one new clutchy/pursey/thingy later on new needles and voila - near perfection. I will not be beaten by a two letter pain in the ass [insert meniacal smile here!]

I have found the perfect gift for me! At Elann.com, the coolest yarn store ever!, you can give gift certificates to my account (michababy1@ hotmail.com) by clicking HERE. You simply register yourself, enter my email, and I than I get to think you are indeed the coolest person I know and knit until my fingers fall off or I lose feeling again in the 3 I just got back! How cool is that? There is a god! Sorry, but $2.25 hanks of wool make me crazy excited! DAD, ARE YOU READING THIS??? ANYONE READING?? So nice to know other people can fuel addictions via the internet that are not illegal. Altogether now..........AHH, that's nice.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and back in the knitting saddle!!

Linda D. in Seattle

Jaime said...

Michelle~

I am glad you are starting to feel a bit better and that you are getting back to the things you love! That is always a wonderful thing! I hope you continue to get better with each day. Take care.

Jaime

Anonymous said...

I'm reading and am so excited for you!! Especially 'bout the finger's and feeling again!! I'll have to check out that site when I get a chance! =o)

Stephen said...

thanks for your positive 'tude. i've always admired knitters, but i never could get the hang, and my fingers stiffen up too quickly to get anything like that accomlished. and i do know what a clutch is!

Lauren said...

Hi Michelle, I post on MS World too! as (msladyinca)..small world, MS world..sounds like a song from Disneyland, eh? teehee.....I notice you mentioned Elann.com in your blog, any chance that has something to do with the company Elan and the MS drug Tysabri?

Let me introduce myself to everyone...Hi all, I was a patient that testified via videotape at the FDA AC hearing on 3/8/06 to try and get Tysabri back to those of us that need it. I've been living with MS for 30+ years and for 29 of those years, I was RRMS and was starting to have disabling relapses. I had my one and only infusion of Tysabri in 2/05...WOW, what a difference it made in my increasing disabilities! Tysabri stopped my attacks, and improved my symptoms so much I went from a walker to a cane with no limp within 2 weeks of my infusion! Then after the drug was pulled on 3/1...I was ok until 6/5/05 and then I had my worst relapse/attack ever which left me w/c bound. But I know Tysabri can help me again...it may take longer to show improvements again, but Tysabri gave me hope, and I have faith in it. If anyone would like to correspond with me about MS, Tysabri, or the small risk of PML, you can reach me at LGLBGL2003@AOL.COM. You can also check out my homepage at http://hometown.aol.com/lglbgl2003/myhomepage/profile.html and I'm in the process of creating my own blog to share ideas and comments. Be well, all my very best to everyone who read this. Lauren :)

Jaime said...

Hey Michelle,

It's been awhile. Just thought I would check up on you! I hope you are doing well. Please take care.

Jaime

Doug Lee-Knowles said...

M-

Staying out of the heat? You OK?

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!