Thursday, October 13, 2005

October 10th - 13th, 2005

THURSDAY, 10/13
Today I ventured out and ate lunch with two of my old coworkers. I got caught in a phone interview with another insurance company just before I was to leave, got caught in road construction as I was driving and stuck behind an accident on the way. Again, Murphy's law. Damn that Murphy guy. He is SO annoying. I did get some new software for the computer today because my computer is now inoperable completely. It won't even let me add/remove programs in the control panel or even restart. It's way beyond just a glitch. I started to reload it tonight, but it was still in need of some professional help from my friend. I got as far as I could with my computer "guru" status for today. I stopped by the office to give the HR guy some moe bills that have rolled in for paying under my health care severance conditions. I hate insurance companies. They are not so much fun, but I am grateful they exist. I also really didn't miss my job. People complained about picking up my slack and missing me. I missed them, too, but not my actual job. It was definately time to make a move. I did sleep again tonight for half of the night which was better than nothing. Right now anything is better than nothing, looking on the bright side because the less I sleep, the less of a bright side I own.

WEDNESDAY, 10/12
I woke up today. I felt like a brick has hit me and my whole body just aches. I opened my eyes and quickly I retreated to my pillow with absolutely no strength. I had to go to the bathroom and I quickly just ignored it and kept my eyes closed. I was too tired to get out of bed. I thanked God today I didn't have a job, let alone any interviews. It was just one of those days. I spent the day doing laundry at Mike's and then off to home. I was so tired, I couldn't wait to get home and do nothing. Absolutely nothing. I ended up back at Mike's tonight to sleep. I wanted to see him again and cuddle with him. We had one of those talks where you just lie in bed and do nothing but recap the day. You talk and talk and talk and before you know it, you've fallen asleep on one another and you have no idea when. It's a good feeling.

TUESDAY, 10/11
Today I tried desperately to work online again to find jobs and apply. I started called people to locate software for fixing my computer. No such luck as of yet. I had an interview with Career Agency Y. They were a little weird. I don't know that they when I was said and done and leaving even had a position for me to apply to. They seemed impressed with my qualifications and skills tests though. I came out 89% or higher on most areas of testing within windows. I was so nervous taking them and I always forget how to set margins in word, excel, and in access for printing. Ugh. Note to self: remember margin setting before next skills test with someone. I also had an interview today with real estate company A. They were very impressed with me as was I. I like their position description and it seems like something I would really enjoy. We'll see on that, too. There is lots of waiting in the job finding game I'm finding out. I headed to Mike's house tonight to hang out with him. Things seem a little bit better between us. I still don't know if it will change, but it seems as if Mike was starting to understand what I need. Just someone there to help me through and be there when I am too exhausted to travel to him, too tired to think straight, and too ridden with lovely Rebif "side effects" and I think sometimes I am going crazy. I am grateful for him. I love him. A lot. I finally slept through the night tonight. I figure it was about time. I hadn't really slept in the last 2-3 days again and it was wearing on me. Again.

MONDAY, 10/10
I spent this week trying to work at finding jobs online. Guess what? I didn't find any! LOL. I'd say mostly because my computer is fritzed out and broken. It works intermittently. I found lots of places to apply that were actually interesting though so I worked as best I could. Today I had an interview with Broker A. There were south of the city and very intrigued with me as I was them. The kicker? They want someone with Exec Level Experience, an in to Marketing & Sales and Inside Sales Experience, but they want to pay them Entry Level Admin salary. I guess people expect a lot these days for nothing. Oh well. We'll see where it goes from here.

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!