Monday, August 29, 2005

August 29th, 2005 - PART B: My Day & #3

At lunch today I found that syringe needle snips from B&D at Walgreens and it was only $4.99. The nurse from Rebif, Karen, told me about them. I have had a couple of you readers ask me about them and since the Rebif syringe are the same gauge as diabetic syringe you can use them. No more ugly sharps containers or figuring out where to dispose of them and they fit right into your serono travel bag they send you. [P.S. Rebif people - your nurse was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!, if I didn't say it before). I also picked up some WalProfen and stuck it right into that bag, too, so I won't forget to take it when I do my injections. That's Walgreen Ibuprofen for those of you who didn't figure it out by now. So creative those WalMarketing Team members are. I have had this craving for tomato soup for lunch lately and it's the only thing that tastes good. I've had tomato soup like four days in a row now (besides my Mexican exursion last week). I'm weird somedays. I just get these cravings for food like I am eating for two. I'm not, mind you, but I feel like it when the "crave" sets in. I went for ice cream tonight at Dairy Queen because it was another "crave". I wanted this S'more Galore Parfait they used to make with marshmallow cream, hot fudge, graham crackers, and lowfat vanilla yogurt. Tell me THAT doesn't sound yummy. Yea well, apparentely they don't make them anymore. I improvised. Marshmallow cream, hot fudge, vanilla ice cream, and Oreos Blizzard style. It came out similar only like chocolate s'mores instead of regular. For those of you who don't know about this secret phenomenon, they now sell chocolate graham crackers. Yes, for lack of a better phrase, you got screwed as a kid, but didn't we when we were kids. There was always something we couldn't have. I highly recommend my concoction. Oh, and order the small NOT the large or you won't eat for two days and you'll be high from sugar. I got dizzy after I finished the overgrown beast of an ice cream cordial. Probably because my blood sugar was high as a mensa IQ. This afternoon I was perusing blogs and I found an interesting entry from Say It Isn't So about family history. It made me think about my family history. My mother has Myasthenia Gravis, also an autoimmune disorder. My sister Holly always jokes she wants one for Christmas. I think she's funny, mom not so much I don't think. She was diagnosed on Thanksgiving weekend in 1991. I told her it's funny how that diagnosis date is emblazoned in your head forever, forever, forever, echo, echo.... Injection #3 went well tonight. Again, in the back fat, er...hip on the opposite side. I've been lucky so far as I've not had any site reactions where my injections are. Tonight we're down to a two minute pep talk. No stabbing yet, but I don't care. It doesn't hurt just pushing it in, so I don't ever feel the need to "stab" myself. My fears will never have to be confronted [ha, ha, ha, I'm laughing, cuz I can!!!] I've noticed today all day that I have had a headache again, but it's pretty dull and unnoticeable. I've noticed that my dizziness is starting to go away as well as my clutziness so maybe I just had a touch of something that is healing on it's own. If it worsens, I'm off to the doctor, I promise. Slept again through the night, oh how sweet it is :o)~

No comments: