Monday, September 19, 2005

September 19th, 2005

Good thing I got some sleep last night to prepare me for the events this morning...
Item #1. I was up over a half an hour early this morning.
Item #2. I left for work 15 minutes earlier than I normally do from my boyfriend's house to tackle the day with my new found gusto.
Item #3. An exit on the freeway was not marked that it was closed.
Item #4. I called a half an hour earlier than my start time to say I was going to be late.
Item #5. I was informed that after asking for a cost of living increase I would be offerred a nice severance package instead.
Item #6. I took unsaid severance package.
Item #7. I breathed a sigh of relief and texted my boyfriend the terms of my severance.
Item #8. I think my boyfriend danced a jig and then called me to find out the details.
I was told that quote "I know you are looking for more money, and you just aren't going to get it here. It would be in your best interest and in ours, if you went and looked for more opportunity. Don't worry, we'll take care of you. We'll pay your severance through XX/XX/200X. " I agreed to take such severance and then I almost breathed a sigh of relief. I wasn't too upset in all actuality because after being treated like crap from my boss and wasting my potential for the last couple of years, It was time for a change anyway. Time to set my wings a flapping and fly towards something more rewarding after 4 1/2 years at the same job. Go Gidget. Go.

No comments: